I'm a summer baby and always will be so I get extremely sad whenever Labor Day hits. I'm never ready to say goodbye to the long and sunny summer days and to all the cute summer outfits (am I the only one obsessed with white lace on beautifully tan skin?). This year however the transition seems to be very soft as everyone is still sporting short sleeves and no jacket in October. Add to that the fact that the whole city is decorated for fall with cute little pumpkins, orange and red flowers and that the fall lattes are now available at Starbucks (in addition to the PSL do yourself a favor and try the maple pecan latte too!) and you might even be able to call me a happy camper.
Fashion should be fun and colorful and if your outfit doesn't make you smile every time you see your reflection somewhere, then you're doing something wrong! When I first saw this skirt at Zara I fell in love: the color was one my favorites, the playful ruffles were so fun and the asymmetrical hem made it all the way more interesting. I have gotten so many compliments for it and so many random people stopped me in the streets to ask me where I got it. We rarely venture out of our comfort zone, in life like in fashion, but when we do the results are magical. So that's my way of saying to you to be daring this summer and don't be afraid to try new things, from a hot pink skirt to skydiving or swimming with sharks (yes those things really are on my bucket list :D ). How about you? What's on your bucket list for this summer?
I love how effortlessly and harmonically extremes coexists in the city. Skyscrapers are built next to historical monuments and low rise buildings making the contrast between them striking and fascinating. One minute you can be in the busy streets of Times Square bustling with tourists and street artists and the other you find yourself in the peace and quiet of Bryant Park surrounded by flowers and families spending quality time together. Either you love it or you hate it, there is no in between. And one thing is sure, just like wearing pink, I will never get tired of New York City.
Hello loves! Today I want to tell you all about the amazing long weekend I spent in Washington D.C. with my babe Yana (from @MissYanaCherie). D.C. is very different from most American cities I've visited: its historical neighborhoods, famous monuments and magnificent old buildings remind me a lot of European cities. The atmosphere there was one of timeless charm and we had an absolutely incredible time exploring the city. So if you're planning to visit D.C. in the future, here are the top things I would recommend.
We were lucky enough to partner with Marriott during our trip and got the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Georgetown. The hotel was the first Marriott built in the country's capital and has recently been renovated to showcase a reinvented hotel experience. Boldly transforming itself for global travelers who blend work and play (aka bloggers!), Marriott leads the industry with innovations enabling the next generation to #TravelBrilliantly. The location of the hotel is perfect: just a short 10 minutes stroll to Georgetown and a 20 minutes walk to the Lincoln Memorial, the National Mall and all the Smithsonian Museums.
Our suite was extremely spacious, modern and comfortable. From cozy robes to a huge smart tv to top of the line bathroom essentials nothing was missing!
The personal handwritten note and this delectable welcome tray were such a nice surprise!
Because our hotel was in Georgetown we were there basically every day. The historical little town is the perfect destination to walk around, shop, eat and discover a few points of interest such as the Old Stone House and the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal.
You'll find there all the main street names from Zara to Forever 21, Intermix and even a TJ Maxx! (which, I'll admit, is on of my favorite stores ever!)
We had most of our meals at the Marriott Georgetown, taking full advantage of the M Lounge Club that offers an amazing breakfast buffet every morning, snack throughout the whole day and small bites and appetizers in the evening.
However we did indulge in a Italian dinner feast at Flavio, in Gerogetown. The cute outdoor seating area will catch your eye but the bite of margherita pizza they let you sample will steal your heart! Special mention goes to the uber popular Lobster Diavolo pasta: believe me when I say it's their most popular dish for a valid reason!
For a quick sugar fix there is plenty of choice: Sprinkle cupcakes, Laduree and of course the original location of Georgetown cupcakes.
The Old Georgetown, Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom are historic neighborhoods, all within walking distance from each other where the buildings are beautifully preserved. Walking down those streets early in the morning we just felt like time stopped.
The Library of Congress turned out to be one of my absolute favorite places I have ever visited in my whole life. No joke! The architecture inside the building was simply breathtaking and we just got lost in its stunning rooms. We also saw a couple of newlyweds taking their pictures there and let me just tell you that is actual #relationshipgoals!
Of course no visit to D.C. is complete without a stop at the National Mall. There are so many museums, memorials and monuments around it that we spent a whole day in the area and still didn't get to see everything!
It was such an emotional moment getting to stand where so many incredible men that shaped the history stood and walk their steps.
The Smithsonian castle and its gardens were our favorite part and the Hirshhorn museum of contemporary art was definitely the most interesting museum I've ever been at! They also hold very instagrammable temporary exhibitions there, unfortunately we happened to visit while they were right in between exhibitions! (just our luck..)
Have you ever been to Washington D.C. or anybody lives there? What are some of your favorite things to do? Let me know in the comments!
Even though I'm already in New York I had to post these pictures I snapped a few days back in Paris. The Italian that lives in me had to stop everything and have an impromptu photoshoot when I stumbled upon this gorgeous façade in the 14th Arrondissement of the French capital. Can somebody explain to me why I was perfectly fine wearing short sleeves last month but I am now freeze my butt off and still wearing coats here in NYC? #struggles
There aren't many cities in the world that take your breath away as often as Paris does.
It almost feels like time has stopped there: every little street is magical and every street corner seems to have in store wonderful surprises for the ones who are willing to look for them. Nothing can beat letting your sight wander out of the window of your car, while stuck in traffic, and seeing the iron lady stand tall and fierce in front of you. So here's an ode to the city of lights, may you always remain beautiful, strong and timeless.
Paris welcomed me with beautiful weather and warm temperatures. What else could I possibly ask for? On my first day in the French capital I woke up super early and headed out to rue Saint Honoré to walk around the shops and do some shopping. Because all the shops had just opened the atmosphere was super quiet and relaxing. I had tea at Chanel rue Cambon and tried on some jewelry, then went to to Ladurée to get yummy macarons and ended up on the Alexander III bridge to shoot these pictures. Couldn't have hoped for a warmer welcome from this amazing city!
If I had to write one blog post for every single gorgeous sight I saw while I was in Holland, it would take me weeks to get through everything. I really loved The Netherlands: not only the people there, or the number of doggies there were basically everywhere but the nature is so well preserved and treasured and the cities even though they are super busy and filled with people don't seem that stressful at all. We went to The Hague, a city on the western coast of the Netherlands home of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, ate delicious fish and were blessed with a breathtaking sunset!
The Peace Palace in The Hague, seat of the Permanent Court of Arbitration
No trip to Holland is complete without a visit to the iconic windmills. We went to the Kinderdijk windmill park and it was so picturesque and rustic and just adorable! People actually still live in some of the windmills! Isn't that crazy?
Finally probably the most famous sight in the whole country are the endless tulip fields. Keukenhof is the country's Tulip Garden, is only open 2 months a year and we were lucky enough to go at the right time. The park is absolutely beautiful, there were many locals with the dogs as well as tons of tourists walking around admiring the beauty of all the flowers compositions. The entrance is 16€ per person and parking is 6€ which my Dutch friend thought was pretty expensive but I thought it was money well spent!
Hello there loves! I am coming to you from the Netherlands where I am spending 5 days visiting friends, exploring and discovering the country. This is my first time here but thanks to my awesome guides I am experiencing all the best Holland has to offer! On Saturday we had an amazing day in Amsterdam. This is what I advise you to do if you're ever here to make the most out of your trip:
Dam Square: the most famous square of the city was our first stop. Among all the wandering tourists and jostling locals you'll be able to see the royal palace, the historical church where all the royals' ceremonies still take place and the World War II national monument. Of course you'll also find amazing shopping like De Bijenkorf (the beehive), a 5-floor department store that carries all the most prestigious brands, as well as brands like Zara, Mango, Urban Outfitters, NYX and Forever 21 in the pedestrian street Kalvestraat.
Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam - the Royal Palace
The crooked houses: everywhere in the city you'll notice how so many of the buildings are leaning and look like they're going to collapse at any given time. Because these houses are so old and Amsterdam is a city built on water the foundations of these buildings, built with wood, have shifted quite a lot. Nowadays they filled everything with ciment so there's no actual danger but it still looks very impressive!
The kennels and the red light district: the kennels, constantly lines with parked bikes, make for the perfect photo backdrop. You can take a boat tour and go around the city or just walk the streets and wander among all the "coffee shops" and end up in the red light district, where women in sexy attire call out passing men to from behind the club's windows. A very particular and unique experience may I say.
Amsterdam Central Station, first opened in 1889
Art Square and I "am" Amsterdam sign: You'll find this always super busy with tourists taking pictures in front of the iconic sign and locals biking with their families checking out the latest art exhibitions. The square is huge and super duper pretty and makes for a perfect photoshoot spot!
Hello loves! I am finally back and I realize have some explaining to do.
The past few months were a bit hard for me because of how unsure everything seemed. I was working hard to make all the things I always wanted happen but nothing seemed to go my way. My day job kept me very busy Monday through Saturdays and because I moved back to Guadeloupe (where my parents currently live) I had no photographer to work with or friend to help me out.
So I continued posting on Instagram as much as I could but unfortunately had to take a little break from posting on here.
But fear no more I am now back and for good!
Coat: Shein - Bag: Chloé - Pants: Forever21 (old) - Shoes: Valentino
As we speak I am in the Netherlands visiting a friend and exploring the country for a few days. After this I'll go to Paris where I’ll spend a few days before flying out again to New York. A fun getaway you say? No, not really. More like a huge life change! I am officially moving back to New York City and will start work there in a week.
I am so excited for Paris because I’ll get to see my brother, who lives and studies there, and of course for all of the shopping and sightseeing I am planning to do.
But I am even more looking forward to start a new chapter of my life in the big apple. I have been waiting for this moment for years and tried so many times to make this happen. I am so grateful to finally be able to say that I’ve made it. It wasn’t easy: it was long and painful. I got discouraged so many times. But I kept going because there was nothing I wanted more.
Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams, as crazy as they might seem to you. If you really care, you will find a way to make it happen.
So cheers this new exciting chapter of my life. Can’t wait to share it all with you!
Hello everyone! Long time no see. Life has been crazy these past few months, a lot of things changed in my life and it took me some time to adjust and get back to a normal schedule. I hope everyone is off to a great start for 2017! As usual time flies by and, let's be real, shopping is my favorite hobby so I do have many new items that quickly became my faves. So happy to finally be sharing these with you today.
February was the month of romance and love which put me in a pink state of mind. Everytime I went shopping I came back home with pink items, every morning getting dressed I would reach for pink clothing, my nail colors, my perfume, I was obsessed I'm telling you guys. So naturally I've worn this beautiful lace top way too many times but I couldn't care less because I love it and it looks amazing on! This has to be a new all time favorite piece of mine.
I had been wanting to up my skincare game for so long and the new year seemed like the perfect occasion to do so. I invested in a few key products that were recommended to me by some friends that swear they couldn't live without them. Now my morning routine is my favorite part of the day because of how amazing these creams smell but most importantly how well they work! My skin has been so glowy, nourished and hydrated, it's just incredible. I know I'll be raving about these products for a very long time, and even if they are quite expensive, they're totally worth the investment!
I am such a lipstick junkie I cannot go a single day without wearing some color on my lips. I also love to change shades super often as well as finishes. I have been wearing mattes for the most part and these MAC lippies were my faves.
From left to right: Blankety - Bianca B - Candy Yum Yum - Sweet Venom - Ruby Woo - Rebel - Margherita
I was not joking when I said I lived a very pink month. my Roses by Chloe perfume, my pink and gold Dior split sunglasses and my new Miu Miu mini wallet were my most used accessories this month. Also can we talk about that pink chocolate tablet from Laduree? It's rose flavored white chocolate. Best Valentine's Day chocolate ever. Seriously.
It's a bag. It's pastel pink (no surprise here). And I'm seriously IN LOVE! I found this beauty in Paris and believe it or not it was ON SALE! I have been saving up to buy this bag in this color for full price and when I saw it on sale I snagged it as fast as humanely possible. The smooth leather and structured shape makes it elegant and chic but the shiny rockstuds add a bit of edginess to it. It's just absolutely perfect in my opinion and I'm so happy to welcome it in my handbag family!
Last but not least my favorite new random addition to my room this month was the beautiful Rong Rong Devoe calendar. Each month has a beautiful original fashion illustration designed by Rong Rong herself and I find that it just adds so much glam to my office area!
Every year attending fashion week becomes more and more fun! I am so thankful to be able to travel to this amazing city and attend all these fun shows and events and being able to share all of this with you guys makes it all a hundred times better!
My first day in New York turned out to be pretty full: a nail and makeup appointment in the morning at Caravan styling studio to get me ready for the Control Sector fashion show in the afternoon and the Lulu's Style Studio Party at night. I also had the time to have a yummy lunch with my babe Yana and of course take tons of #foodporn pics.
For my first NYFW day I chose a simple yet elegant and trendy look: all black and white with lace and Chanel.
Romper: Shein - Shoes: Valentino - Bracelet: Hermès Collier de chien
Thank you Caravan for making me pretty and spoiling me with a bag full of fun goodies!
Lunch at The Growler was INSANE!
After lunch I went straight to the Style Fashion Week fashion show where I attended the Control Sector fashion show (as I'm sure you've seen on my InstaStory!).
Lastly, I ended this first day on the best way possible: attending the Lulu's Style Studio influencers party. Between good music, fashion sketches, fun goodies, an open bar and cool giveaways I had such an amazing night and met some fantastic fellow bloggers!
Every time I'm in the city I cannot help but testing as many restaurants as I possibly can. Today between a bloggers meeting in Little Italy and a showroom appointment in Times Square I have been running around Manhattan like a crazy person! Comfort was key when deciding what to wear: I opted for this laid back but still somewhat elegant romper and comfy espadrilles. Add a lace bralette and a super trendy choker and you've got yourself an insanely stylish yet extremely practical everyday outfit.
Romper: Nordstrom Rack - Espadrilles: Valentino - Bag: Chanel - Sunglasses: Céline
I met up with my babe Yana and a fellow blogger Dikla for lunch at Seamore's. We tried the fried fish tacos and the vegan tacos (with broccoli and a tofu sauce) and an order of Poke (raw fish, peanuts and avocado) to share. I had been wanting to try out this restaurant for the longest time. Its adorable outdoor seating area and incredible online reviews giving always made me want to go ahead and try it and I'm so happy I finally did! Everything was really good and now I want to come back and try some more things from their menu.
After our tacos we walked around little italy and soho and finally stopped by Gorgetown Cupcakes for dessert. We got their Black and White cupcakes which are chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting. To be honest, these are my ultimate guilty pleasure! So incredibly soft and flavorful!
It's with a full stomach that I then headed uptown to the Theater District to go visit the Modern Vice showroom.
Modern Vice is a really cool handcrafted footwear and accessory brand that imports all of the leather and hardware directly from Italy and produces shoes in house in New York City. I had the pleasure to tour their showroom and production space (I took you guys along with me on Snapchat by the way! If you don't follow me yet go ahead, my username is "sarahgallazzi") and even got to choose a couple of pairs of super cool boots! They will be handmade and will probably be ready in a couple of weeks: I am so excited to receive them and show them to you!
Shoes galore at Modern Vice.
The holiday season is almost here and of course I am already thinking about all the gifts I will be giving to my friends and family this year! For my first Christmas on Shop Wear Repeat I wanted to make a different kind of gift guide and thought about what items I really loved and I realized all of them were so appealing to me because they were my favorite colors. So I went ahead and created these flatlays of things I already own and personally love to give you some awesome ideas on what to gift to all the people on your list! Best thing is all you need to know is their favorite color and you're good to go!
This is one of my favorite colors especially when combined with white. I think it's very elegant and sophisticated and it's the perfect accent color in an all white room. Here are some of the things I have and love and think would be great gifts!
- Jonathan Adler Zebra Dish: it looks amazing in flatlays and is great to store small jewelry items.
- Gold skull candles: I got these in a set of 4 from Michaels last year for Halloween decor but still use them all year round! I couldn't find the exact same ones but I absolutely love this one as well and I'm thinking of getting it too!
- The Peach Box bracelet: an inexpensive alternative to the Tiffany and Co. atlas collection, love this bracelet to pieces, I wear it almost daily and it still looks new!
- J. Crew chain bracelet: such a classic statement.
- Michael Kors watch: I got mine a couple of years back and use it all the time!
- Buxom glittery eyeliner: perfect for festive make up looks!
- YSL lipstick: great lip product and so pretty it doubles as a room decor item!
- YSL nailpolish: The gold packaging of all the YSL makeup line is TDF and the quality of their nailpolishes is by far one of the best out there!
- Urban Outfitters macaron tinket box: perfect room decor item and it holds all the small little things the create clutter around the room. I am not hashamed of saying that I own these in almost every color!
- White and gold canister: so clean and sophisticated, it's the perfect gift for that messy friend of yours that needs a little extra storage space and motivation to declutter her space!
- White iPhone 6 case with gold glitter polka dots: because everyone needs one in their life.
- Gold foil wall art: mine is from marshalls but you can easily DIY some!
- Designs by Maria gold foil mug: the saying on this adorable mug ("Good things come to those who hustle") is inspirational and kick-ass, perfect for all the #bossladies out there!
- Victoria's Secret mist: what girl isn't in love with anything by VS?
Baby pink is so girly and dreamy and is a color you can never go wrong with!
- Romper Room Essie nailpolish: this might be THE most perfect pale pink nailpolish: full coverage with just one coat and very long lasting!
- Ladurée macarons: because who doesn't love them?
- Pink heart-shaped sunglasses: too cute to handle
- Lemon West Peony soy candle: ok this one isn't pink technically but it basically smells like pink.
- Polaroid camera: the perfect way to immortalize all the fun you'll have together!
- Gina Made It bun bow: because everything's better with a bow.
- Bath and Body Works shimmer swirl lotion in A thousand wishes: make you smells and look like a million dollars!
- Notebook: because staying organized in style is important (this one is from Marshalls!).
- Monogrammed beauty pouch: so pretty and versatile!
Another pastel color girls love and dreams of, probably because we always associate it with Tiffany and Co.
- Essie nailpolish in "Strut your stuff": I usually buy my Essies at TJ Maxx where they are only $4 (compared to $8.50)!
- Mini owl lip balm: this cutie pie from forever 21 is adorable and will keep your lips hydrated and beautifully scented!
- Urban Outfitters macaron trinket: once again, just buy it in every color!
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer: with this miracle worker you'll always be one second away from smooth, poreless skin. Best part? You can find it at your local drugstore!
- Tiffany and Co. bracelet: nothing says I love you like this heart pendant bracelet!
- Smith's Rose and Mandarin lip balm: This ultra-hydrating lip balm bursting with an intoxicating natural rose and mandarin scent helps keep lips soft, and also makes a lovely vanity piece.
- Hello hair mask: another haircare product perfect as a stocking stuffer! This all natural oil treatment is engineered to repair and revitalize dry hair. And smells like coconut!
- Nip+Fab kale range: this is basically what my skin care routine looks like. This gentle and nourishing kit is packed with a load of super-food ingredients to invigorate the skin and protect it against free radicals whilst softening and hydrating dry skin. I love it and totally recommend it for your girlfriends (and youself!).
- Tiffany and Co. bow mug: snagging a Tiffany and Co. piece for only $40 is basically winning at life.
If pale pink wasn't pink enough.. Because the pinker the better!
- Essie Bottle Service nailpolish: once again, a gorgeous nailpolish shade by essie! Great quality and so inexpensive!
- Milani lipstick in 64 Matte Orchid: another drugstore brand with a luxury feel! Espacially love their lipsticks.
- NYX Intense butter gloss: or basically anything else by NYX would make a great gift for the makeup addict on your list!
- Victoria's Secret PINK pouch: I love this to store daily essentials, especially since it's transparent and I can see all that's inside.
- Hello kitty wipes: always handful and hello kitty makes everything cuter.
- SL Miss Glam Brushes: these fluffy dreamy pink brushes are so soft and luxurious they will make you want to stare at them the whole time!
- 100% Boys tears iPhone case: because #girlpower!
- Pecksniff's Rose and Peony hand and nail treatment cream: luxuriously soft and enriched with keratin, this rich cream will leave hands and nails smooth and deliciously fragranced.
- Votives: perfect little gifts because who doesn't love pretty candles?
The color of passion, the color of love and the color of Christmas of course!
- Mophie portable charger: this @RED Mophie juice pack saves you more than just my iPhone battery. It also saves lives! Every time you buy Mophie @RED, you can provide life-saving HIV medicine to those who need it most. Because Christmas is about giving.
- Kate Spade candle: with so many fragrances and designs to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect candle for everyone!
- Scottish Fine Soaps Rasperry soap: I am such a sucker for pretty little knick knacks and my stocking's gifts are always my favorites and this raspberry scented soap makes me want to shower every hour!
- Strawberry jam: before you laugh at me think about how delicious home made jam is! My mom makes a killer one and all my friends always beg me to give them a jar (or ten!).
- Funny flask: for that friend of yours that parties a little too much!
- Essie Happy Wife Happy Life nailpolish: the perfect red shade for the holiday!
- Marc Jacobs lipgloss: not sticky, pigmented and very long lasting, basically everything you might want from a lipgloss!
- Notebook: everyone needs to write down stuff, right? :)
- Skittles: because who doesn't love candy?!
- YSL lipstick: one of the best formula for lipsticks out there! It goes on so smoothly and is super moisturizing!
- Twinings Chai Tea French Vanilla: this is my absolute favorite tea for the fall time and holiday season! I always add a little bit of cashew milk (I'm lactose intolerant, I'm sure normal milk will work just as well!) and it's so delly!
- Gina Made It bun bow: just put a bow on it!
A classic with which you can never go wrong.
- Chanel: from lipsticks to brooches and earrings or even bags if you have the budget, you can never go wrong with Chanel!
- Sequins coin pouch: this is something I use daily to keep all my coins so they don't ruin my Louis Vuitton wallet!
- Makeup bag: because you can never have too many!
- Céline Thin Preppy sunglasses: these are my newest obsession! The Thin Preppys are the perfect size (not too big like the Audreys) and the always look so chic!
- The world according to Karl book: a funny compilation of Karl's life maxims and the perfect gift for your fashion addict friend!
- Julia Engel Miami Black Aibi watch: this watch is so elegant and classic! I love wearing it and goes well with so many of my things! An absolute must have in my opinion! (You can even SAVE $20 with the code "SARAHG" on your purchase!)
- Valentino rockstud bracelet: perfect to add an edgy feel to your arm party!
- Dior mascara: I love the formula of Dior mascaras as well as the stylish and sleek black and silver packaging!
- MAC lipstick: because there's like a billion shades to choose from and every single one is just PERFECT.
I hope you found this post interesting and helpful and now you have the perfect excuse to go shopping! Let me know what you will give to your loved ones in the comments down below!
Less is more they say. And there's nothing more simple and wonderfully chic than an all black outfit. The powers of a little black dress are endless and make it a wardrobe staple for every woman out there. This gorgeous Elly Pistol LBD is a lace dream come true. The sexiness of see-through panel on the top is balanced out by the absence of cleavage (it's actually a turtle-neck!) and length of the skirt and makes this dress very ladylike and sophisticated. I decided to pair it with big chandelier earrings, a bold red lip, fierce Rockstud heels and the little black Saint Laurent Cassandre monogram bag.
To kick off New York fashion week that officially starts today I wanted to thank you guys for your constant support and make you feel like fashion icons too! I am holding a giveaway on my Instagram profile where you could win this exact same dress I am wearing! Head over to @ShopWearRepeat to enter!
First look I wore for a evening out in Montreal. Found this beautiful two piece outfit at the Bloomingdales summer sale and only paid $40 for the whole thing! I think it was an absolute steal. I love the modern pattern combination with the floral design over the very trendy gingham print, I love the flattering cut of the skirt and the texture of the fabric, very light but still soft and of good quality at the same time. Simply perfect for a summer night out!
My Rong Rong DeVoe macaron case is still my absolute fave!!