So today I wanted to share with you all a few tips on how to create the perfect wishlist:
- First of organize your wishes into categories: make up, beauty, home decor, clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. so you won't forget anything important;
- For every category try to think about maximum 5 items that you really would want to acquire soon. Study current trends and narrow down your list to items you researched and know they will be good for you. I think it's extremely important to include less expensive but equally cute little items to your wishlist set so that people won't be forced to only buy extremely expensive gifts;
- Third go on www.polyvore.com and create an account (if you don't have one already!) and start creating your set.
- I like to start my set by the title (you can call it "birthday wishlist" or "fall wishlist" or anything else you'd like!) and then I add some cute little drawings (a heart there, a star here, anything that can make the picture look a little cuter);
- After that it's time to start adding your items! Polyvore has a Fashion and a Home tab where you can navigate into specific tabs ("beauty", "jewelry", "tops", "skirts", "makeup", etc.) or directly search for specific things by typing in the brand and the category;
- I think it's very important to add a description of each item next to it if you are going to screenshot your wishlist set and send it out to people because not everyone is as familiar to your wishlist as you are! But you could also just send people the link of your published set on the Polyvore website where every item is interactive and you can see the price and all the info just by hovering over it with your mouse.
I have been using this wishlist methodology for a couple of years now and I must say that I am very happy with it because it helps me maintain my focus and motivates me to work for what i want!
And now a few shots of items that I actually was able to get my hands on!